The south Cyclades are the most beautiful yacht charter region in the eastern Mediterranean, including Turkey
but also the Ionian, the Sporades, the Saronic and Argolic and the Dodecanese in this comparison for the best place to enjoy yacht charters
. Indeed the Cycladic islands of the south offer a plethora of must-see places:
- Folegandros - Karavostasi port
- Sifnos - Kamares port; Vathi, Fikiada, Platis Gialos, Faros and Kastro anchorages
- Santorini - Vlichada port in the south; Fira (where the Sea Diamand Cruise ship sunk on 6 Apr 2007); Thirasia
- Naxos - Apollonia, Ay. Ioannis Bay (Smugglers bay), Panormos, Mirsini and Iraklia
- Amorgos - Katapola, Fjord bay (near the northeast Cliffs), Kalofana bay, Aegiali port
- Ios - Milopotamos, Tris Klises, Manganari and Ios port
Since Milos, Ios and Santorini are rarely used as yacht charter bases, the best port to start your bareboat sailing vacation is Paroikia port on Paros
. Paroikia is pronounced as Parikia. Paros island is the closest to the must-see islands listed above so a return trip would allow you to visit most of them in a 7 day itinerary in the Cyclades. Yet, to really explore all these astonishing islands you'll need at least 14 days and then one-way routes towards Paros (and actually also Syros
) are possible from either Samos, Kos, Lavrion and Athens.
Most reliable yacht charter companies
offer yachts from either Syros and Paros into these southern Aegean waters.
More routes and itineraries in the Cyclades
Bareboats charter yachts
The typical bareboats used as charter yachts are the Jeanneau Sun Odyssey, Bavaria, Dufour, GibSea, Lagoon, Ocean Star, Hanse, etc.
More on charter yachts
and on catamarans versus monohulls
for these Greek waters.
.: Back to Ios island :.